- Bike Commute Days: 46
- Miles: ~ 550
- Gallons of Gas Saved: ~ 27
- Gas Money Saved: ~ $70
46 days is ok, but I would have liked to have done better. In 2009, I set a goal of riding 90 days. I rode 34 days in 2008. Despite the much higher goal for 2009, I only slightly increased my number of commute days to 39. This year, without really trying, I increased to 46 days, so I am happy about that.
But I still want to do better.
Here is where I go wrong: I don't really start riding until March, and I pretty much quit in November. Hmmm... Could it be the winter weather that keeps me in?
We had a lot of snow and ice winter of 2009/2010. And so far for the end of 2010, it has been the cold weather and wind.
Seems like I need to gear up!
Some things on my dream list I need to turn my LeMond Poprad cyclocross bike into the ultimate year-round commuter:
- Full length fenders, front and back
- 38c Knobby or Semi-slick tires for potential winter weather
- Better pants for cold weather riding, perhaps rain pants too
- Comfortable Balaclava that will fit under helmet
- Reflective tape to make me more visible
What else? Is it too late for me to go see Santa?
Run hard out there...