Friday, March 27, 2009

Hill Repeats

(click graph to zoom)

Hill Repeats. You run up, then down, and you never really get anywhere. But for some reason I love them. You should too.

Today I went to the park for my lunchtime run and did 11 repeats of a 0.2 mile hill. I was not sprinting it, but I did run every bit of every hill. I also did 10 push-ups at the top and bottom of each repeat. At the top of the last hill I did 20 push-ups. So in less than an hour, I ran 1 mile of warm-up and cool-down, 2 miles uphill, 2 miles downhill (recovery) and did 240 push-ups. It was a very nice way to spend a lunch hour.

Oh, the image is courtesy of my GPS and RunningAhead.com. Check them out.

Run hard out there...

4 comments:

Adam said...

Great workout Neal! You and I are doing very similar workouts these days, I'm having more fun training than ever before. If you want access to my blog to trade ideas shoot me an email at harmer_adam@yahoo.com.

Neal Jamison said...

Primal Man,

Yes, we do train in similar ways, but your weekly mileage is much higher than mine. What are your thoughts on Crossfit Endurance?

I took my first ever Kettlebell class last week in Atlanta. It was eye-opening. Congrats on the Craiglist find. Buried treasure.

Enjoying the blog. Thanks.

Sophie Speidel said...

Good boy.

I was loving---LOVING-- my training with hill repeats as I was practically running the entire road up to Camping Gap yesterday at Terrapin...I am a believer!

Neal Jamison said...

Great job at Terrapin Sophie. I had such a blast at the workout I did on Friday, I want to work it in every week.