Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Training when there is no time to train

I'm out of town again this week for some company sponsored training and "networking" (organized socializing). With planned activities from morning until after dinner, it's hard to find time to train. I managed to find a little time today between class and the next required social event. I spent 20 minutes in the hotel gym doing some high intensity dumbbell work. Then I ventured outside for a short run around the hotel. It was not ideal ultramarathon training, but it was enough to make me feel better about the calorie heavy "networking" happy hour and dinner that would follow.

Even when it seems there is no time to train, there really is. You just have to look for it, and make it happen. If you make training a priority, you will find a way to get it done.

1 comment:

Sophie Speidel said...

Hey Dude,

Nice showing at Hinson Lake! When are you going to post a report?

I will miss you out there tonight. Hope you are well.

SS