Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ultra Adventures (ncultra.org)

Most of you who follow my blog probably read Mike Day's Ultra Adventures site already. For those of you who don't -- you should. He is doing a series on overtraining. Here is the first post, and the second. It is worth the the few minutes it will take you to read, especially since it could save you from serious injury.

Mike has recovered from Achilles tendon repair surgery and gone on to finish some great races, so he knows a thing or two about overtraining, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. He also writes equipment reviews, race reports, and more.

Mike has assured me that if I run his Sweaty Butt 50K this summer, he will return to Hellgate. I ran the first Sweaty Butt, but due to the extreme heat, most of us cut it short at 22 miles.

Mike is a good friend, a great guy, and an excellent ultrarunner. I look forward to seeing him on the trails in 2009.

Take a look at Ultra Adventures when you can.

Run smart out there...

3 comments:

Rick Gray said...

Neal, Totally agree with your comments concerning Mike. Mike's site is always interesting to read and is very informative. Rick

Mike Day said...

Hi Neal, thanks for the recommendation. I'm way behind in blogging. Last weekend I interviewed Doug Dawkins, who recently completed a run from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. Writing up that interview is my project for this weekend...

Neal Jamison said...

Great Mike! I look forward to it. My project for this weekend is to try to get out and run a leg of the Catawba Run Around.